Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Wrong Troosers.

I’ve worked in shops for years & I’ll probably tell loads of stories of dealing with Joe public in the world of Glasgow retail. But when I’m on the other side of the cash desk & I’m the customer things always seem to go wrong.

There I’ am in Top Man searching for these jeans that are on sale & up pops the sales assistant “HI YAAAAH” I know this guy he’s camp as 3rd floor in Tiso’s outdoor shop “you work in the Galleries av seen yeh?”.

After some help from my new friend am in the changing rooms with the jeans. Magic soft denim & on sale Yaaas. So on dae pop with the jeans & well there’s something just no right they feel funny….a bit kina jaggy, ruff. This isnnae right the denims are as soft as a baby’s bum. So am thinking there might be a price tag or a sticker in the crotch so I whips them doon to the knees feels aboot nuthin, soft as a big bag of soft things. Wits up here this issnae right. Then I clocks it there’s ma boxer shorts in my jeans on the floor…yup am commando here. I shake ma heed & laugh to masell. Now you need to remember I’ve been in this changing room a good wee while now & my helpful assistant decides to check up on me “How yeh getting oan?” & he pulls back the curtain. There’s me bent over with the shop jeans at my ankles “OH sorry” & off he goes. He must’ve thought it was his birthday or thought commando boy better buy them jeans.

Needless to say I got the jeans & with 10 percent off the sale price thanks to my new pal. I couldn’t get out of there quick enough.

After that episode I must have met that guy everywhere, total nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment